Greetings fellow bloggers! My name is Nick Bultman and I'm going to be a senior next year at McFarland High School. I enjoy numerous outside activities such as soccer, football, and tennis. I like to think of myself as an interesting and enjoyable person outside of school, and a hard-working and determined student in the classroom. I plan on attending college majoring in science and/or business.
My family is very small, and I'm an only child. My parents have been very supportive with every choice that I've made, and that's made me the person I am today. Both of my parents are state employees so they are greatly involved in politics. On the other hand, I despise politics. I find it very dull to sit and watch someone talk for hours about how they are going to stimulate the economy and create more jobs only to find out that we could suffer a depression if their plans aren't taken into account.
My senior year brings a great deal of challenges. I'm taking a lot of advanced classes that most wouldn't do. I've already taken AP Physics and it was a bizarre ride; however, it was very satisfying to say that I completed that class and succeeded. This is what drove me to take more of these classes my last year in high school. All of this will prepare me for college and the real world.
I'm an avid soccer player year round. During the fall it's high school soccer. This is my favorite time to play soccer because I get to kick the ball around with all of my friends that I've known since I was young. Also, this will be my fourth year on the varsity squad. Once winter arrives, that's when I begin training for the spring season through indoor soccer and long hours of running. I'm not fond of winter due to the fact that exercising outside is torture on the body, and that most of my high school teammates have begun their winter sports and hobbies. After what seems like an endless winter, spring finally emerges and soccer continues more difficult than ever. I participate in club soccer at this time and this is by far the most difficult time, but it is the most rewarding time as well because I learn how to master the basics that I will be able to use in the high school season.
UW Madison is my first choice for a college that I would like to attend. It has all of the aspects of a beautiful college. From the towering buildings overhead to the calming lake, this college possesses all of the magnificent qualities that I look for in a college. This university also contains amazing business and science programs. I am currently doing an internship at the university in the field of microbiology. I'm working with a specific group of fungi named Aspergillus Fumigatus. It is very specific research and it's very interesting to work in a real lab and get hands on lab work.
This is a short summary of me and I hope you didn't find it too boring. I'm very excited to be working with each and every one of you this year. Many people say that AP Composition was a very rewarding experience and I hope to feel the same way after taking this class.
Sounds like a busy summer! I didn't know that you are working in a lab at the UW as well. I hope you are enjoying it. I had a great time last year in the lab, and am enjoying my work this year as well. What exactly are you doing with the fungi? I would love to hear more about your research!
ReplyDeleteHey Nick! Welcome to AP Composition. Glad you're going to be part of the experience. Did you watch any of the Confederation Cup? I would have loved to see the final between Spain and Brazil, but I was too distracted by my Chicago Blackhawks playing in the Stanley Cup finals, and missed it.
ReplyDeleteNice start to your blog (and great job commenting on others' blogs). Keep up the good work, and enjoy your summer!
Sounds like your summer and senior year will be very full but rewarding! I didn't know that there was outdoor soccer in the winter too. It must be difficult, especially when it snows. That is very cool that you are working in a lab doing bacteria research. Sounds very interesting. Hope the rest of your summer goes well!
ReplyDeleteWow! You have your hands full! I agree about politics, haha. I tend to get very defensive about things I have an opinion on, politics being one of them. I try to avoid getting involved with them unless it's necessary. Madison is a great school, you would enjoy it there! It's awesome that you are able to get the hands on experience from working in the lab! Sounds like you've had a busy summer. I hope you're enjoying it! See you in a few weeks!
ReplyDeletePlease refrain from doing any more activities. Seriously, you probably do more in 24 hours than I have this entire summer. Strike that, take out probably, and you have the truest statement that has ever been said.
ReplyDelete